Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table to Multiple Excel Files | Including Formatting (Render)

maier_alexander_MO
8 - Asteroid

Dear Alteryx Community,

I have excel Input files that I am splitting based on the Column "File" which shows the saving path as well as the Company Code (which is the differing criteria). 

When running the workflow I get multiple Excel files, each showing different amount of rows which is as expected. 

Is there however a way to also automatically format all those different Excel files? As far as I have seen, it can only be done for one Excel File with potentially more tabs but not for more Excel Files? 

Thank you very much for your help on this!

Kind regards,

Alex

image.png

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @maier_alexander_MO ,

What are you looking for with the formatting exactly. There are multiple ways to format multiple sheets, even multiple excels at the same time with different format within the same excel file.

Could you share with us exactly what it is what you would like to do so I can maybe prepare something for you?

Regards

maier_alexander_MO
8 - Asteroid

Hello @afv2688 ,

what I would require is basic formatting, like bold headers and adjusted column width.

I also attached the current workflow. In the first container the Excel Files are generated based on grouping by Column "File". In the second container, the data from a second excel file is then added within the existing Excel Files as an additional Excel Sheet.

I tried a few things with the Reporting Tools but did not manage to get separate excel files with the render tool..

Do you have any ideas on that?

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,

Alex

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @maier_alexander_MO ,

To change the style from a table you have to perform those modifications in the table tool:

Untitled2.png

On the default table settings you can switch the headers to be bold or italic as well as the font.

Your columns will appear on the white section too, where you can manage the settings individually.

To change the size of the table you have to perform the modifications on the render tool (bottom part).

On another topic, to achive what you are looking for I would recommend you to do a setting similiar to the one I'm presenting you underneath.

You would need to create a batch macro, where you filter first the data that you want to add to the table and then change the file name one by one with the action tools on the render tool.

Untitled3.png

Regards

maier_alexander_MO
8 - Asteroid

Hi  @afv2688  ,

thank you very much again for your reply on the down below! Based on your input I tested quite a lot and finally made it without a macro:

image.png

I have two differerent Input Tables "BankAccountDetails" and "Deviations" which each show one report for different companies. I created Tables with the rendering tools as well as a helping column "File" which consists of the company code and the current date. Based on those information and different aggregations - I receive one (formatted) Excel Report for each company, containing two sheets each (BankAccountDetails & Deviations). 

Kind regards,

Alex

Labels