Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Table no longer showing up in union tool?

Joshman108
8 - Asteroid

I am modifying an analytical app.

All my changes are upstream.

After I finished my changes I realize a downstream union tool is no longer receiving input from a preceding table tool.

Here is the surrounding context, none of which I have modified.

1.png

This shows what the union tool displays

2.png

The original app shows "table" here instead of being empty.

Now, when I run this problematic analytical app and browse the offending table #2 it shows a valid output - data seems to be passing through it fine. So I don't understand why the union tool shows empty

I have tried:

Running table #2 to a newly inserted union tool. I get the same behavior.

Replacing union tool's xml in newly updated app with xml from original app. No change.

Replacing table #2's xml in newly updated app with xml from original app. No change.

Copying a large chunk of tools including everything in the screenshots from production app to newly updated app and rewiring connections. This actually made things worse - even fewer tables show up in the union tool.

Any ideas?

Can't share workbook due to privacy.

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I'm sure you already tried this, but just in case . . . have you tried inserting a browse tool after that 2nd table and made sure something actually comes out of it?  

Joshman108
8 - Asteroid

Yes, it shows output in a browse tool. AND this can be confirmed because the output from that table actually flows into a text tool above which succeeds in showing up in the union tool, as you can see in the pictures.

Alteryx can be so weird sometimes. 

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Very strange.  I'm at a loss.  I know sometimes I've had to copy entire modules (ctl+a then ctl+c), close and restart Alteryx, then paste everything into a blank canvas to get things to work and be configured correctly, but I think you said you tried that as well.

Labels