Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table/email query

Ozzym
6 - Meteoroid

Hi

I am trying to send a full table to one email address. I have added the "table" tool before my email tool and run the workflow, it is now sending the report in a better format which is good but only one row at a time. Any help on how to send the whole lot on the single mail. Do i still need table/email or should i use some other route?

Many thanks for any assistance

Austin

Ozzym_0-1662637895448.png

Ozzym_1-1662637923215.png

Ozzym_2-1662637947541.png

6 REPLIES 6
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Ozzym,

I imagine it is sending one row at a time because you have multiple tables in you data like this:

IraWatt_0-1662638275851.png

Use a layout tool to combine all the report parts into one row:

IraWatt_1-1662638347897.png

The email tool I believe will send an email per row so you may need to use a join tool to add your text like this:

IraWatt_2-1662638474326.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@Ozzym , You need to use a layout tool after table tool so that all the records are combined and there is only one entity to mail i.e. Table instead of rows as email tool processes the data row-wise and it will consider each row differently, However if you use layout tool and have 1 record in your dataset, then your data will be shared in single email.

Thanks!!

Sapna Gupta
Ozzym
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Both

that has nearly worked!! - 2 small issues, there are headers for each row where i would ideally just want one set of headers at the top and the second thing is the allignment of the columns, for one of the ccys its slightly off due to the size of the numbers. was looking for it to look as much like a traditional table with columns and rows on as possible?

what is unfortunate is the actual output of the final tool before we get to the table/email tools is perfectly what i would want (see bottom screenshot) but i don't really want to export it back into excel if i can help it because will make eliminating the EUDA less likely

thanks 

Ozzym_0-1662640194497.png

Ozzym_1-1662640335439.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Ozzym,

I would guess its coming out as separate tables as you are grouping on one of your columns. Untick anything here in your table settings other then maybe email if your are grouping each table on an email. 

IraWatt_0-1662641375737.png

Ozzym
6 - Meteoroid

that worked thanks vm

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @Ozzym ! have a good one 😄

Labels