Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table design

binnursev
7 - Meteor

Hello dear community, 

I am making a table but I have problems with cells. The values and some field names don't come out fully when I render to an excel sheet. When I check with Browse, they are okay. So my question is

1. How can I make it a way that all values will appear fully? ( I attached the screenshot of the Dashboard I get, the word "Domain" don't appear fully, and also some numbers didn't )

And secondly, I have multiple tables like that, I put them to layout and make them vertically aligned. Rendering to excel makes the sizes of all tables the same, while some have fewer columns. Is there a way to change the individual sizes of tables and keep it that way? 

Thank you so much! 

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @binnursev ,

It seems that you would need to widen your report. On the render tool you can fit the report style to fit your needs (on the bottom of the render tool).

Regarding the second question. As far as I know, there is no way to set up the different sizes for each table when rendering with the same tool.

Regards

binnursev
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Thank you for your help! I tried it, but doesn't change much. 

Best regards 

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@binnursev as @afv2688 it should either be the render tool page setting, the layout tool width settings, or the table tool width settings. My advice would be to make sure the layout tool and table tool are both set to 100% and then increase the width of the output width (in the render tool) to something like A3 landscape and see if this fixes your issue.

Regards the 2nd problem, one way to approach this task is to put the same number of fields into each table tool, and then for the table which you have had to add columns too in order to do this, you can adjust the formatting of these additional cells so that they look empty (change the background colour to white, remove borders, etc.

Ben

binnursev
7 - Meteor

Hi Ben, 

This really works! Thanks a lot 🙂 

Best

Labels