Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table creation out of a Matrix

fcobosmolina
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Community!

I need some help with creating a workflow which I have been trying for so long and I can't find the right way, I am still getting to know the tools. Perhaps some of you have some smart ideas.

I need to create a workflow which creates a table out of a series of variables as you can see in the picture (we can omit the values of the matrix input for the workflow only the variables are relevant):

fcobosmolina_1-1614943966805.png

The workflow has to create a table which puts two number "1" in each column for each combination of the variables, for instance in the first column (Rep1) there is a 1 in "ab" and another 1 in "ba". And it has to do it successively with all the possible combination of the variables, only when the variables are combined with another one. 

The difficulty comes due to the following conditions for the workflow:

- The variables are coming from a matrix and each letter represents a product as you can see in the picture. As the products of the matrix will be changing it can't use any tool/formula that selects a specific name/field because otherwise it can't be automated. 

- The matrix will change also in size, so it needs to adapt to a N*N matrix.

I think a solution might be telling the workflow that "ab" and "ba" are the same, but I could not manage to do that. I am open to any kind of suggestions and ideas. 

Thanks a lot in advance for your help and time!

Best, 

Fran

4 REPLIES 4
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @fcobosmolina 

How should we separate them in the output between the columns Rep1, Rep2 and Rep3?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@fcobosmolina 
I think I somehow get to know what you need and hope I am correct.

0305-fcobosmolina.PNG

fcobosmolina
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler

I just tried it and included it inside my workflow, it works perfect!

Thanks a lot!

Best, 

Fran

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@fcobosmolina 
Good to know it helps and thank you for the accept mark also😁

Labels