Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table Tool

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone- 

Not sure if anyone in the community encountered this issue yet or not ; or am i missing anything . In the partial snippet of the WF I am sorting the Customer based on the YTD Sales (descending) and after sorting adding a Record ID tool to the sorted results. I am joining the sorted results to the raw data and then sorting it again using the RecordID field. Everything works fine until after the Data Cleansing Tool - i can see the data with correct sort sequence in the Browse tool however after adding the Table Tool the data is not in the same sort order. Only changes i am doing in Table Tool is using Grouping by Customer.

2nd snippet shows the 1st 2 customer order before table tool , same order is not retained after the table tool.

Thank you very much.

tabletool_issue.PNG

correct order before table toolcorrect order before table tool

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@MD2050 there are some tools that need to re-order your data to perform their function.  This is what you're running into.

If you want to maintain order or re-sort after one of those tools, you could always use a Tile tool.

Once you have your data ordered the way you want it, add a Tile and set it to tile on Unique Values.  For the column which contains the unique value, select the one you intend to group on.  Then, make sure you check the box at the bottom to leave the data unsorted.  In the next tool (like the Table tool), group on the field you need grouped and the tile number field.  This allows you to re-sort it downstream if you need the same order.

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Hello @patrick_mcauliffe

Apologies for late response . Your solution worked perfectly. 

Thank you very much.  

Labels