Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table Tool - Formatting Concatenated Cells

XWSOL
5 - Atom

Hello - I am trying to enter a new line for each beginning date field (which is paired with a comment) within the table's cells. Basically, my goal is to have each date + comment concatenated value field grouped with its respective key, and each new date+comment field have its own 'line' in the cell. Please see the attached workflow for clarification - thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
john_watkins
11 - Bolide

I am replying in a hope that some shows me how to do this in a more simple, dynamic method.   This workflow does work.    I used the ReportText tool and added the columns individually with hitting enter between.   The good news is that it doesn't show blank columns so depending on what you were doing you could set it up for 20 comments and let it go with any trailing info showing in the final cell.

XWSOL
5 - Atom

@john_watkins this works! One question about the setup - is there a limit to how many comments I set it up for? 

john_watkins
11 - Bolide

Like I mentioned, this is a very crude way to achieve this.  I would be limited only by my patience to add fields.    You would need to adjust the text-to-column tool to split the data into more columns and add those new columns to the Report Text tool.   This one bugs me because there has to be a better way, but I couldn't figure out how to have the Table Tool understand what a line break was.

Labels