Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table Tool - Crosstab/Pivot Formatting

jhueschen
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I have been attempting to utilize conditional row/column/data formatting available in the Table tool, however it does not appear to be available when using the Pivot option.

Does anyone know another way to do this or a way around the restriction?  I've attached an Excel based example; basically how I would like it to look (value < x make cell orange, value > x make cell yellow, etc)

I have tried using a Basic table, but the dynamic nature of the columns causes issues and Alteryx throws errors when attempting to format 'Dynamic/Unknown' columns.

2 REPLIES 2
JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@jhueschen

I'm not sure of the starting state that you data is in. If I had that insight, I might be a little better at guiding you to your desired result. None-the-less, I have taken the small liberty of assuming you want a total row at the bottom and conditional coloring for the column "Avg_Regular". Since coloration is not an option for pivoted data in the table tool, we have to make sure that everyhing is set up to our liking before entering into the table tool. Attached is my soltuion.

Could I also see how you are formatting you dynamic columns?

Thanks,

Joe

jhueschen
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the response!

What you've included here is basically what I had to do, but without the use of cross tab and pivot features Alteryx has.  It sounds like adding conditional formatting of pivoted data is not available, as I feared.

Labels