Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table/Render Tools Outputting More Tables Than it Should

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Okay,

I have made a table generator.  The key element is the Data Table.  Each "table" entry consists of 3 row elements.  The 3 row elements are depicted in H2 and What.  Each table can have 1 or more 3-row group elements so long as they share the same H1 (Group).  However, the same H2 group will never be repeated for a given Client + H1 assignment. 

Importantly, however, an H2 gorp can appear multiple times in the data because it can be of interest to multiple Clients.  So, the same H1+H2 combo can appear multiple times in the data stream, but only once for a single client.

The objective is to output 1 workbook with a section for each Client that contains a table for each of its H1+H2 pairs.

Presently, my table and render tools perform as expected when outputting only the tables for one client.

The problem occurs when I try to out put all records (Clients) simultaneously.   In this case, instead of each table depicting its single H1+H2 entry their table includes repeated entries that reflect the total number of times a given H1+H2 pair is used across all clients. 

The data table image below can help explain the problem. The first 3 entries (each consisting of 3 rows each) share the same H1 and H2.  However, they do not share the same Client value (not depicted).  But when outputting all records in the data stream, each of the 3 clients tables will depict all three instances instead of the single instance mapped to them.

Any thoughts?

Screenshot 2021-06-02 194806.png

Screenshot 2021-06-02 193656.png

Screenshot 2021-06-02 193805.pngScreenshot 2021-06-02 193822.pngScreenshot 2021-06-02 193852.png

2 REPLIES 2
MattBSlalom
11 - Bolide

Honestly, I had a little trouble following the description of your data scenario... but, it sounds like your issue stems from the Layout tool configuration.  I'd expect to see the Layout tool configured for Layout Mode "Each Group Of Records" with the Client field selected in the "Group By" list.

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

I sorted it out.   It was actually very simple.  The Tile Tool at the start of the iterative macro determines the size of the batch of records passing through the macro.  Due to a few fields changing upstream, the batch going through the macro was no longer unique to each customer, but all customers sharing the same H1/H2 pair. 

Labels