Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table Layout height

Srini_Advik
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

Need help to fix the height of the second table (LOB2) in the attached image. The data is dynamic input, however the table must be fixed to the maximum height in page.

The data is coming from a basic table and then based on record ID the slides are grouped to accommodate 2 records each and later moved to a layout to add Header and footer. lastly sent to Render into a PDF.

4 REPLIES 4
rafalolbert
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @Srini_Advik,

What about aligning 2 tables as columns beforehand and applying the Table tool at once.

If 2 tables are misaligned in terms of record count, this workflow will solve this:

img1.JPG

Thanks,

Rafal

#Excuse me, do you speak Alteryx?

Srini_Advik
7 - Meteor

Hi @rafalolbert,

I don't need an additional Cells or Rows. My row and columns are fixed on my table (If required we can add additional placeholder). however the content in each cell is not fixed. The number of characters in each cell would vary (0-2,000 characters ) from time to time.

My idea is to create an additional row (Like a place holder) and adjust dynamically to update based on the top 4 row/Cell values.

rafalolbert
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @Srini_Advik,

Disregarding the record-count, i still suggest to join before Table tool, this will automatically align rows based on records with longest values and general table properties width and height-wise.

Thanks,

Rafal

Srini_Advik
7 - Meteor

Hi @rafalolbert,

The height has been fixed, However when the character is more in first column then right table gets shrieked.

The width has to be 50-50 everytime.

Labels