Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table Formatting does not Render with Row Boarders

Brian_P
6 - Meteoroid

I've created custom table formats with boarders under the header row, and before the last row (above a 'total row).  I've tried using Join-Layout-Render to a PowerPoint and I've tried Visual Layout-Render to PowerPoint.  In both casess when I render to PowerPoint I lose the row boarders.  If I change the output to another format the row boarders come through fine.

Sample file included.

Also I've looked through the comunity solutions, there are a couple ways noted to get the output to a PowerPoint Template but none seem to work very well, or there is lots of formatting in Alteryx.  Is there any easier way to dump the output to a specific slide template (rather than generic white slides)?

5 REPLIES 5
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Brian_P 

In your Default Table Settings option for your Basic Table tools, change the Column Border from Per Group to Per Row

danilang_0-1626174437724.png

Dan

Brian_P
6 - Meteoroid

Dan, that isn't what i'm looking for, I don't want boarders on each row.  In the sample workflow, when you look at the top table in browse it looks different than the temp PPT output.

Snag_5c8fb2.png

 

Snag_5cf171.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Brian_P 

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I don't actually have PP so I can't reproduce your issue.  The actual rendering is performed by a hidden process.  When rendered to PDF it's fine.  According to this post you may be able to add a row rule to get it to work in ppt.  Something like this

danilang_1-1626188425612.png

Dan

Brian_P
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @danilang

Just tested that too, took a little searching and trial/error to get the right syntax, but the result was the same looks correct in Browse, but the output PPT doesn't have the boarder on the last row.

Always good to know alternative methods though.

For anyone else interested in formats for the Formula:

Table Style Rules has some of the other styles and syntax needed.

Brian_P
6 - Meteoroid

@danilang

NOTE: I was trying border-top on the last row which isn't rendering to PPT.  However I tried the example you provided, border-bottom on the second to last row and it works.

Labels