Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table Formatting (colouring and sorting)

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

Currently i had built the workflow and the result as per screenshot below :

Jcsh_66_0-1617299867059.png

However, i would like to do some sorting on the figure for the column F with the criteria below:

1.  For each respective entity, i plan to do sort the value under the column F from the largest to the smallest accordingly for each entity. The desired result will be as follow :

Jcsh_66_1-1617300130155.png

After performing the sorting, i would like to ask Alteryx to do some colouring on the full row based on the criteria below:

2. Based on the top three amount under column F for each entity, colour the respective row with green colour for each respective entity . If the entity only have one or two amount  (less than three) under column F, just colour the relevant one or two row for each respective entity. The result will be as below:

Jcsh_66_2-1617300501606.png

May i know if anyone know how to do the sorting and colouring in this case? I had also attached the workflow for your reference.

Many thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @SH_94 ,

Can you check that this output is the one you are after?

AngelosPachis_0-1617305369749.png

The part in the comment box is that I added

AngelosPachis_1-1617305506987.png

And in your table tool I have added a row rule

Screenshot 2021-04-01 203226.jpg

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @AngelosPachis ,

Thank you for the prompt response.Yup.I looked through the workflow and this is the result that i looking for. However

I not sure how to amend the following tools as per screenshot below. May i know do i need to amend anything for the part that circled and labelled as 1? 

Secondly, could you briefly explain on the concept or the formula used at the part circled and labelled as 2?  As i plan to amend it to fit my data if necessary. What it means by [row -1 ]+1 in this case?

Jcsh_66_1-1617308351582.png

Thirdly, may i know if the highlight wording below in Alteryx stand for the formula or just text name in this case? May i know is it both the wording must be consistent for the screenshot below?

Jcsh_66_2-1617308670207.png

Thanks again for your help.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @SH_94 

For Questions 1 and 2 I would suggest you have a look at the example workflows for the multi-row formula tool and the help pages to get examples of how this tool works.

Untitled.png

The formula says that for each entity (that's why on the group be sections Entity field is checked) take the value from the previous row of that field and add 1. That will create you a record ID for each entity in your dataset.

Thirdly, this is just the name of that row rule, and you can go and change it if you want. It has nothing to do with the formula but it's a means for you to understand what this row rules is about.

Hope that helps,

Angelos

Labels