Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table Formating in Alteryx

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

I would like to seek for help about the table formatting issue in Alteryx. Currently i rendered out the table as per screenshot below but some of the details are being truncated. For instance , the table should show >360 and Amount instead of >36 and Amou respectively. May I know how we need to fix the table format so that it will capture complete information as per alteryx.

Jacob_66_0-1616382401526.png

Secondly, i would like to render the results below under one excel file with different sheet name for each tab. May i know how can we build the workflow in Alteryx so that it will presented in one file but under different tab?

Jacob_66_1-1616382688176.png

Many thanks for your help.

16 REPLIES 16
SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Sntrada ,

Thanks a lot for your help. I able to generate the excel file with different table in the different tabs.

Appreciate your help and advice on the sheetname.

Thank you.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Sntrada ,

May i know if we can build the workflow in Alteryx for insert the link as per screenshot below and adjust the second table lower with the Header of the table.

Jacob_66_0-1616497772952.png

I had included the original file and after amendment file ( which i would like to build in Alteryx) for your reference. Not sure if we able to build it in the Alteryx.

Sntrada
11 - Bolide

Hi Jacob, 

This isn't exactly like your target format-wise, but it does have the table header and hyperlink. 

Hope it helps, and let me know if you have questions. 

p.s, I am rendering it as a temp file, be sure to change this if you want the output saved. 

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Sntrada ,

Good day to you.

I had tried to run the workflow and export it to the excel file format but it appear as the below error. The only things that i had amended is as per the second screenshot.It is because i need to choose the header as layout to prevent the error coming out after running the workflow.

Jacob_66_0-1616585133408.png

Jacob_66_1-1616585196315.png

Sntrada
11 - Bolide

Please uncheck the header box. 

I previously tried to use the header tool to make the title appear, but this seems to only work for PDF files. 

The amended workflow is attached. 

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Sntrada ,

It is really amazing after i analysis the workflow on how you build it and i able to make the same for my result. However, there are few things that i would like to clarify with you:

1. May i know how can i make the first header to become left aligned?

Jacob_66_0-1616596808109.png

2.Secondly , i would like to make the first row and the first column empty as below with the limited size . Is it possible that we can amend it in the Alteryx?

Jacob_66_1-1616596988448.png

Many thanks again for your workflow as it really helps a lot.

Sntrada
11 - Bolide

Hi Jacob

For your first question, this can be achieved by setting the alignment of that column to left. You can do this in the table configuration dialogue box. 

Sntrada_0-1616657568866.png

After setting the alignment to left, it looks like the image below.

Sntrada_0-1616656959162.png

I don't know of a way to add that initial extra row and column space in Alteryx. But you can easily have some VBA code to reformat the tables in Excel however you'll like them to look. 

Labels