Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table Formating in Alteryx

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

I would like to seek for help about the table formatting issue in Alteryx. Currently i rendered out the table as per screenshot below but some of the details are being truncated. For instance , the table should show >360 and Amount instead of >36 and Amou respectively. May I know how we need to fix the table format so that it will capture complete information as per alteryx.

Jacob_66_0-1616382401526.png

Secondly, i would like to render the results below under one excel file with different sheet name for each tab. May i know how can we build the workflow in Alteryx so that it will presented in one file but under different tab?

Jacob_66_1-1616382688176.png

Many thanks for your help.

16 REPLIES 16
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 

When things are getting cut off like that, you'll need to increase the render size to fit it all in. In the Render tool, adjust the paper size to increase the wide of the area (Landscape format, then maybe custom paper size and input large values (only the width setting matters)). This gives the render tool more space to fit the values and is less likely to cut things off. 

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @CharlieS ,

Thank you for your prompt response.

May I know how about the second queries that I mentioned before ?

Sntrada
11 - Bolide

Hi Jacob, 

In response to your second question, I have created a sample workflow that groups your data and puts them in different Excel tabs. You need to leverage the layout tool for this. 

Here are the settings for the layout tool and they should work in your case. 

Sntrada_0-1616400217830.png

Let me know if you have any questions about the attached. If you need further assistance, you can post your workflow (with limited data), and let me know what variable you are trying to group by.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Sntrada ,

I had tried the concept of the workflow that you build but it seems like not so suitable in this case.

I had attached the workflow in the attachment. Basically there will be multiple of tables in my case which not being shown in this workflow because i still building it on the workflow. There will be multiple of information and  i want to present it under respective the tables which then presented in one excel file with multiple tabs.

Thank you so much again for the help.

Sntrada
11 - Bolide

Hi @SH_94 ,

Are you able to provide the data file? There isn't any data in this workflow. You can attach a packaged workbook, that contains the data file. You can do this by Exporting the workflow, and ensuring that the file is checked in Export Settings dialogue box. 

Sntrada_0-1616422444184.png

Sntrada_1-1616422465212.png

Or you can attach the actual data file if it doesn't contain sensitive information. If the data file contains sensitive info, you can edit it to have dummy data instead, in any field that has sensitive information. 

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Sntrada ,

Kindly find the files below for your reference. Basically i would like to build different tables for different tab within one excel file.

Sntrada
11 - Bolide

Okay, so I did this for the first table stream. This stream on top:

Sntrada_0-1616425578959.png

I grouped by customer name, so there is a different table on a new tab in Excel for each customer, and I also edited the sheetname variable to have the customer name. Is that what you are going for?

You can change the grouping variable in the table tool configuration window to something else, if you want to use a different variable to split your table. 

Let me know if you have questions!

If this isn't what you are going for, maybe do a mock-up of what your final result should look like so that we can help you get there. 

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Sntrada ,

Basically i would like to result to be rendered as below within one tab but i not sure how to combine it.

Sntrada
11 - Bolide

Hi Jacob, 

I've attached the workflow to get to your desired output state. 

Please note that you have to give different names to your sheets in the formula tool for this to work properly. 

You were on the right track about the union tool, you just needed to use a layout tool as well. 

Let me know if this works, or if you have questions!

Labels