Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tab delimiter from Excel in Alteryx

jplasencia-itp
6 - Meteoroid

Hi guys,

Currently, I'm trying to automate a business process which input is a txt and giving format in Alteryx. Do you know some similar way to work this file as Excel does with the tab delimiter? Because when the txt is set in Alteryx as a csv it ask for delimiters and the parsing doesn't work properly the result is one column and I need to see the data split in the order showed at the excel output file.

See the workflow model in Alteryx attached and the images from Excel and Alteryx interface below.

Regards

Jorge

txt.JPGpaso1.JPGpaso2.JPGalteryx interface.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
Kucsi
8 - Asteroid

Hi jplasencia,

try this configuration on the input file:

image.png 

If it doesn't work, when you drag the txt into alteryx you will get a message, try this config:

image.png

I hope it will work for you :)

Kucsi

jplasencia-itp
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Kucsi,

It totally works for me.

I really appreciate your help.

Jorge

Kucsi
8 - Asteroid

No problem. :)

Melody
5 - Atom
I had the same question. Thanks for responding. It worked for me too!
Holger2910
5 - Atom

Hi Kusci, 
i basically have the same issue but the solution does not work out for me.

Maybe I have a more

difficult data set as based on the SAP output I get the same headers over and over again. Good ideas?

ZaidAlShaddadi
5 - Atom

Same error happened with me. The preview page is showing all information next to each other, with tabs in between, under a single column.

It seems the (\t) parameter - which suppose to detect the tabs - is not able to detect it. 

pjt766
5 - Atom

This worked for me... just was unclear on the second piece of art.  How do you find the "resolve file type"?

Labels