Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

TS Plot tool error "could not convert index to appropriate type"

kmarsden
5 - Atom

Hi,

I'm new to Alteryx predictive tool and have followed the booking tutorial online for monthly time series plots. It seems a simple process so I am trying to use the TS Plot tool to plot the data points that I have for USD/GBP exchange rates on a daily basis.

I have the following fields:

- Date (Date)              ##there is a record per day in the format (2015-01-01)

- Quote (Double)        ##this is the value quoted on each day

The properties I have in the TS Plot tool are as follows:

Target field: Quote

Frequency: Daily (all days)

Plot type: Time series Plot

(all other options I've kept defaults)

I have tried various options but cannot ge the tool to run without error. No matter what I choose I am confronted by the error:

"Error: TS Plot (2): TS Plot: Error in as.xts.ts(data) : could not convert index to appropriate type"

I have also tried splitting the date field into Year, Month, Day and setting the starting period in the tool properties etc. but get the same error.

Does any one have any ideas as to how to resolve this so I can plot the time series? I feel like I'm missing a step or something so would appreciate any help/advice.

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I think that there is a fix for that in an updated R tools download.

http://downloads.alteryx.com/predictive.html

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
kmarsden
5 - Atom

Great, that makes sense as I've recently updated to Alteryx Designer 10.0. I should have realised there would also be an update to the predictive tools. Thanks, I will download the updated tools and report back.

Thank you for your response

kmarsden
5 - Atom

Just to confirm the updated predictive tools resolved the error. Thanks again

Labels