community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

TS Plot Errors

Highlighted
Meteoroid

Hi Guys,

I am trying to make some time series decomposition plots and some autoregression functions plots for some data that I have (confidential). For some reason I continue to get the following three errors:

1.  TS Plot (13) TS Plot: Error in ts(the.y, frequency = freq, start = strt) :

2.  TS Plot (13) TS Plot: Execution halted

3.  TS Plot (13) TS Plot: The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.

Can someone please explain to me what these errors means? I have tried searching the community for answers but I am struggling to find them. Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Paige

Alteryx Certified Partner

The only thing that came up for that error mentioned an insufficient quantity of observations. What interval are you using and how many observations do you have?

@RamnathV wrote:

The decomposition plot requires more than two full periods of data (for example if your data is weekly, you will need > 104 data points). I suspect that your input data does not satisfy this condition, which is probably why you are getting an error when you select the decomposition plot. If you can share your data, I can take a closer look.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Error-in-TS-Plot/td-p/10015

I'm getting the following error when trying to run the TS Plot tool.  Any advice?

Error: TS Plot (21): TS Plot: Error in `$<-.data.frame.....

Meteoroid

On your second TS plot where you are calculating for First Seasonal difference, change the Target Field frequency to Annually. This will fix it. Let me know if this helps.

Labels