Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

TS Model/Forecast Factory

youssef
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am new to Alteryx. I installed / re-installed designer along with R tools. I need to build a model / forecast a TS with several indicators. The documentation shows I can use TS Model Factory and TS Forecast Factory, but those nodes aren't showing up in Time Series tab. 

Some help will be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Youssef

9 REPLIES 9
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hey @youssef

Welcome to the wonderful world of Alteryx.

The tools your reference points to need to be downloaded from the Alteryx Gallery first.

Here's a link to that particular district:

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!districts/56327e37aa690a17f0760bdc

youssef
5 - Atom

Hi Patrick,

Your solution worked like a charm!

Thanks a lot for your quick help.

Youssef

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

Youssef Hi,

These tools are to be downloaded from alteryx gallery, the first one is for modelling time-series for multiple groups (customer segments, products, branches etc.)

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/TS-Model-Factory/5772af65aa690a1348cc6abf

This second one is to use the models for forecasting future events (measurements, demand, prices etc.)

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/TS-Forecast-Factory/5772b060aa690a1348cc6b73

and then you should install them...

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

Of course if the solution provided by anyone is good then you should as well click on "solution accepted"... for others to benefit...

APL_dept
5 - Atom

Hi Atabarezz,

I have tried using the links to download the tool but keep getting the workflows instead of the tool icons (TS model factory/ TS forecast factory). Please advise. Thanks.  

APL_dept
5 - Atom
vivaisun11
7 - Meteor

Hey there,

I keep getting the entire workflows as well.

How were you able to make it work?

Thanks,

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello,

Please follow the following:

1- double click the downloaded file example: TS+Model+Factory.yxzp

2- Choose to import the workflow: this will create a folder containing the .yxmc macro.

3- create a folder to contain your macro files

4- move the .yxmc file to the newly created folder.

5- open Alteryx designer and go to options-> user settings--> edit user settings

6- go to macros tab

7- click on the + to add a search directory

8- type or click the ellipses icon to point to the folder where the .yxmc file/s is/are.

9- save and i think you restart alteryx designer(clopse and opend application)

10- you should see a new icon created for the downloaded component example TS Model Factory.

from now on, whenever you download a new macro follow step 1,2,4 and 9

I hope this helps

arpit_tyagi
7 - Meteor

learnt something new @ImadZidan .

Thanks.

Labels