Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

TS Forecast factory missing tool?

Genty
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

As you can probably guess I am new to Alteryx and just getting started. I want to use the TS forecast factory and TS model factory tools. 

Alteryx.PNGI am guessing it is a simple thing to resolve but I am stumped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

David

8 REPLIES 8
benakesh
12 - Quasar
BKro23
5 - Atom

Once you download how do you install and get it to show up in your Time Series tools?

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@BKro23 ,

The tool should show in the toolbar if you have saved it locally. If for any reason it does not, open the macro in Designer and select the canvas. In the Workflow Configuration window select the Meta Info tab and scroll down until you see Tool Palette. You can then add whatever category you want it in as well as add search tags when you use the search.

DanM_0-1576172465150.png

BKro23
5 - Atom

Still not showing in my Time Series tool pallete

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Can you try and save the macro hear C:\Program Files\Alteryx\R-3.5.3\plugin\Macros\Predictive Tools

BKro23
5 - Atom

Received this error: Failure to Import C:\Users\bkroshus\Downloads\TS+Forecast+Factory (4).yxzp.
Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Alteryx\R-3.5.3\plugin\Macros\Predictive Tools\TS Forecast Factory.yxmc' is denied.

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@BKro23,

Looks like you don't have permission to write to that folder, which is why you probably don't see the new tool. I would ask your IT to open that up to add the tool. If that doesn't work, please reach out to Alteryx Support for help.

Dan

MarcoDiMarino
5 - Atom

Worked for me - THANK YOU! This took ages to find for me

Labels