Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

TS Filler, how to initiate a start date, replace NULL with STRING in row-1

yingxin
7 - Meteor

orking on cleansing time series data, i know TS Filler can fill the gap. But if there any way to generate a start date other than the given date in the dataset? For example TS should start on 2011-1-3, but the first date given is 2011-1-31, and TS filler fills missing date after 2011-1-31(interval="week"). Generate Row tool may help?

there are a column of char/string data, how can i fill the NULL with the same STRING from previuos row?

test data attached.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

Ying,

I already responded here to get start date or end date etc. you can refer it how to use  Generate Row tool

http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Preparation-Blending/DateTimeDiff/m-p/3775#M585

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

Look at this one too

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

Ying,

Sorry, i may be confused

See another one attached

1. Convert the Date field to date using datetimeparse tool 

2. find the start date of given date from the file ---DateTimeTrim([DateTime_Out],'firstofmonth')

3. Use TS Filler tool 

4. For the rows came as null use Multi Row Formula tool to fill with the previous row

hope i am in right direction

yingxin
7 - Meteor

Thanks. Although in my case the Start_date is "firstMondayofMonth", your workflow provided me great ideas.

I used text_input to initiate the Start_Date, then union into the file, after that it's very close to yours. i was able to run in batch macro to process a few of such TS files, lucky for me, they all started with the same Start_Date in the text_input.

one thing I noticed about the tool, "multiple rows", if there are a few (>2) rows of NULL both at the beginning, and in the end, then "multiple rows" probably won't work, is that right?

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

Ying

Glad to that , it Helped

For your Multirow Formula Question,

TRY to change the "Values for Rows that Dont Exit" to set values to Closest 

MR.png

Labels