Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

System requirement

anishthomas21
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am getting timed out errors sometimes for specific tools.  Specifically, for linear regression.  I bought a brand new laptop because I had a Mac.  I saw the system requirements on one site is that it needs a quad core and 500gb-1tb hard drive space.  But others told me I could use my mac that does not match those specs.

This is the laptop i'm using:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4671409

Do you think this laptop is OK?

3 REPLIES 3
anishthomas21
6 - Meteoroid
I did. But so far we are not having any luck figuring out why. Do you
know of any possible solutions?
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Have you posted the specific Time Out errors that you are getting in the Advanced Analytics section of the forums?  The issues may not be related to your computer specifications.  I would track down the error source before questioning the hardware.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

MattD
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @anishthomas21!

System requirements for the Designer can be found here. Hoping you've since resolved your workflow run problems, but if not and you're using a Mac it's likely you're limited by a VM or Parallels' virtualization partition of hardware normally specified upon creating the virtual environment, not the machine's true hardware specifications. It could help to check those as well.

Best of luck!

MattD

Former Alteryx, Inc. Support Engineer, Community Data Architect, Data Scientist then Data Engineer
Labels