Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

System cannot find the path specified

MRioux
7 - Meteor

We changed the output folder location for a csv file. Since then we keep getting the error "The system cannot find the path specified" even though we are sure that is a valid path and was working before we changed the location. Anyone ever experience this?

10 REPLIES 10
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Usually when this has happened, it's something that I've missed.  Spelling, capitalization, file extension, etc.  There's something wrong with the path.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@MRioux Is the path a mapped network drive?  If so, remember you must always convert paths to UNC.

MRioux
7 - Meteor

We resolved it by overriding the path that the Alteryx file selection wizard had (which was written correctly) with pasting the path in the address bar instead and that fixed the problem. What do you mean by converting the path to UNC?

Mona

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@MRioux

UNC is Uniform Naming Convention.  Basically it removes relative paths (like custom mapped folders/drives) and replaces with their real name.

After you've built and saved your workflow, click: Options --> Advanced Options --> Workflow Dependencies --> All UNC.

lharris17
7 - Meteor

I am receiving the same error in an app that I created. In the Design Interface view I created a link to a file that the user would need to update before the app runs; however, when you click the link I get the "System cannot find the file specified" error. I have tried converting the path using the UNC method that you mentioned, but nothing changes. I did notice that when I ran the debugger, there was mention of a file name being empty in the action tool. I thought that by creating the link the associated actions would follow the path that I used. Any ideas?

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@lharris17

Can you post the workflow?

riverahansiebfusa
6 - Meteoroid

I am having the same issue.  Could you please assist? 

StephenSink
5 - Atom

Can you explain your solution further? I am also getting this error through using the Text Input and Download tools. How else would I be able to point Alteryx to the FTP location without using the text input and download tools?

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@riverahansiebfusa You have "P" drive.  It has an absolute path.  Try following the process to convert all paths to UNC.

Labels