Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Survey with Alteryx - how to combine more than 3 columns in one

Malek22
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone, 

I'm trying to create workflow to provide the results of surveys. The formula of the results depends on the average on each question. 

For example: 

Malek - question 1 the average is 4 then the message is Well done Malek you're good listener 

question 2 the average is 2.5 then the message is you need to focus on technical ..etc 

I want the results to show these messages in one cell and the results to populated as per the below: 

Malek - well done Malek you're good listener but you need to focus on technical 

I have done the mapping of the average and but I have issue how to combine the messages for each column ? 

Thank you 

6 REPLIES 6
ShankerV
17 - Castor

hi @Malek22 

I was able to see only the workflow. Not how the input looks like.

We can achieve combining 3 columns with the help of Formula tool.

If this helps, please like this post and mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Malek22 

If you are looking similar to this, 

ShankerV_0-1671628529220.png

ShankerV_1-1671628553152.png

ShankerV_2-1671628564030.png

Formula

[Field1]+ " - "+ [Field2]+" but "+[Field3]

If this helps, please like this post and mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Many thanks

Shanker V

Malek22
7 - Meteor

Hi @ShankerV  , 

Thank you for your response. But I need the message to be combined in one cell but separated from the low and high, to combine the good message in once and the bad in a once as well 

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Malek22 

Sure, its possible.

But need more samples and expected output for good and negative.

so I can do it and share it to you.

Many thanks

Shanker V

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Malek22 One way of doing this is with the help of the summarize tool concatenate option. Attaching a sample workflow for your reference

binuacs_0-1671636343792.png

Malek22
7 - Meteor

Many thanks @binuacs , that works fine with me :) 

Labels