Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Supply Chain Discrete Event Simulation

pkuzmin
5 - Atom

Hello, I would like to use Alteryx designer to build a supply chain network that is similar to discrete-event simulation. The nodes in the network are different locations and the edges are modes of transportation. The supplies travel in a single direction towards the final node that dictates the demand from the source nodes. Transportation between two nodes can be multiple types of vehicles with different properties like different schedule, capacity by volume/unit/weight. There also needs to be a way to simulate bad weather conditions that for stress testing the transport vehicles. The network needs to be easily modified to include more/less nodes.

Is there a way to do all of this in Alteryx Designer without utilizing exterior executables like Python? Or, which parts can be made in Alteryx Designer and which parts have to be made in Python?

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @pkuzmin ,

what you're looking for is the simulation sampling tool which lives in the prescriptive Analytics section.

This allows you to simulate discreet events, Monte Carlo sampling etc.

You can get more information about this at the following link:

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/simulation-sampling-tool

I hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

pkuzmin
5 - Atom

Hey,

Sorry, I don't really understand how to use that tool for discrete event simulation. I have already seen that tool and all it's doing is sampling.

Labels