Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summing values based on condition -> checking vertical

1337_FUNWORLD
5 - Atom

Hey guys

I hope you can help me out here. I think my question is fairly simple but I am new to Alteryx and I could not figure this out looking at existing posts.......

My problem is that I want to sum the values in the column "Amount" if a certain date (what is probably callled my control parameter) is between "Tran_Date" and "Pros_Date" for each row.

Example: If I have the date: 2017-02-03, I want to see the sum off all the values in the column "Amount", where "tran_Date"<=2017-02-01<"Pros_Date". It seems like a simple question but I just can't get my head around it.......

I have attached a sample of the data and what I want as output.

Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
alex
11 - Bolide

You can use the cross join macro tool.  It is available in the gallery.  You could also use a method that would utilize the generate rows tool.  I'll post that in a few minutes.

cross2.JPGcross1.JPGcross3.JPG

alex
11 - Bolide

cross5.JPGcross4.JPG

1337_FUNWORLD
5 - Atom
Thanks!!

Thar was just what I needed 😁
Labels