Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summing specific columns

cireost
8 - Asteroid

Hi - I have a rent schedule that shows tenant's annual rent by year.  See 'Source' tab.

Based on this schedule, I am trying to create a 5 year rent schedule that only shows 4 consecutive years from the Initial Year and then a total for all rents for the remaining years.   In my example, I have decided the initial year is 2017.  So I need 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.  The years 2022 and on will be a single total.

2015-2016 needs to be removed since I have decided 2017 is the initial year.   In tab 'Sample output' is the output I am expecting.

I would like to be able to change the Initial Year and then a similar schedule will be created, which would remove the years before the Initial Year and then totaling the remaining years after the Initial year+4 years.

Any sample workflows would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
danrh
13 - Pulsar

I didn't see the sample output in your file, but something like this sounds like it would do the trick:

image.png

Change the year in the Text Input, the Filters will remove the prior years and split the remainder. Take a look, see if it's more or less along the lines you were looking for.

Hope it helps!

Labels