Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Summing multiple tabs

peterg97
7 - Meteor

Hi All, 

I am trying to sum multiple tabs into one tab (I've attached some sample data to give you an idea of what I mean). Each of the tabs have the same layout, but I need the figures from each tab to sum together, so that I can get the total figure for the week. I assume that the start would be to import as sheet names, but not sure where to take it from there, so any help would be appreciated!

Cheers, 

Peter. 

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @peterg97 ,

does this look ok to you? 🙂

Untitled.png

Regards

peterg97
7 - Meteor

Hi @afv2688

Thanks for helping out! I hope you don't mind, but it's actually a bit more complicated than that, so any further help would be great! I've attached an updated excel file with a few more complications. Basically I only want to sum the tabs with (Overtime). What I have done for this is input as list of sheet names and then filter for contains 'Overtime' so i'm good up until it comes to the stage after the formula where it creates the full file path. Its the stage after that that i'm struggling with. 

No problem if you can't take it any further, really appreciate the help up to this stage, its been useful!

Thanks, 

Peter. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@peterg97 

Just a thought.

0205-peterg97.PNG

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @peterg97 ,

I think this time I managed to get what you want. This time it also does something else, if you add or there are some more columns added in the future the workflow will be able to add them automatically due the transpose tools 🙂

Untitled.png

Regards

Labels