Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summary Report

Muhammad
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am new to Alteryx. I have created a workflow for stats summary reporting. I am trying to bucket "Process Subtypes" into 4 different categories (some would fall under withdrawals, some under transfers, adjustments etc...). Here is my current output:

Current OutputCurrent Output

Please refer to excel attachment for my desired output. That's how I want these items to be categorized/bucketed into withdrawals, transfers, others etc. and showing the total of the each.

Many thanks for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
bbak
9 - Comet

This solutions assumes that the categories for each subtype will stay static. You can create a category column using a formula tool that is assigned based on the subtype name. Then you could use a summarize tool, group by category, group by subtype, and sum your totals. 

categories.PNG

Muhammad
7 - Meteor

Thanks a lot for your help.. I am sure that I am close to what I want to achieve. Here is my current output:

Current OutputCurrent Output

Here is my desired output:

Desired Output.PNG

As you can see in my desired output, cells under "Request Category" are merged and displaying the category name (Adjustment, Transfer, Withdrawals) only once as well as the individual totals for the "Process Subtype" and a grand total for the "Request Category". If you can help me get there, that would be awesome.

Thanks again for your help!

bbak
9 - Comet

Great job! I would suggest following BarnesK's Solution here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Grand-Total-and-Sub-Totals/td-p/88059 for the subtotals and grand total.

Basically you would have another stream that does a group by Request Category, changes the names to Request Category + "Total", brings it back into the stream, and then sorts by Request Category name so that everything is in order. 

You could probably create another rule that removes the duplicate request category names, but that would be more of a visual tweak. You could probably accomplish at the end after sorting by using a Running Total and grouping by Request category, then using a formula tool that says IIF([Running Total]!=1,Null(),[Request Category])

Muhammad
7 - Meteor

Yeyyy it worked! You are an angel Sir! Thanks a million for your help.

Labels