Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summarizing survey data

YeahMan
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community,

I'm trying to summarize the attached survey data. I have questions 1a - 1m all of which have the same set of answers to choose from:

All of my courses
Most of my courses
Some of my courses (ie., about half)
Few of my courses
None of my courses
Not applicable
blanks

I would like to count the responses, remove Not applicable & blanks, and get the output close to the following format:

Q1a_All of my coursesQ1a_Most of my coursesQ1a_Some of my courses (ie., about half)Q1a_Few of my coursesQ1b_All of my coursesQ1b_Most of my coursesQ1b_Some of my courses (ie., about half)Q1b_Few of my courses

I'm pretty close using the following workflow (attached):

YeahMan_0-1659993305984.png

But was wondering how to:

• get the column names in the format I want (from above).
  • get around having to repeat the above workflow for each of 1b - 1m (there are another couple of sets of questions in a similar format but with different answer choices, so this could get ugly fast)
  • I did try using the 'Field Info' tool to just grab all the Q1's but wasn't sure how to glue it all back together again.

Thanks,

--sue

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@YeahMan  are you looking for something like below

binuacs_0-1659995440155.png

ncrlelia
11 - Bolide

Hi @YeahMan ,

You can Transpose all rows and columns at the same time. To ensure we have the required names and order of the columns in the final output, I suggest to create a mapping table that have all the possible column names. Attached workflow for your reference.

ncrlelia_0-1660012540507.png

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Lelia 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@YeahMan, try this.

grazitti_sapna_0-1660021426010.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
YeahMan
8 - Asteroid

Wow, this community is amazing. Thank you all so much for the help!

--sue

YeahMan
8 - Asteroid

Thank you Lelia! This is a thing of beauty. I still have 8 questions to go with different response options and then group by the appropriate input (college, school, program and MCU), so there is still a fair bit of work to be done. Oh yeah, I still have to create the final Excel report with graphs! But this solution helps so much. Very much appreciated.

--sue

Labels