Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summarizing Data by Month/Year with 5 categories to get Sums

Analyst214
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have been trying to find a solution in designer over the past couple of days to replace an antiquated way of building a model in excel and manually copy and pasting the values from a pivot table. I have tried the sort tool and formula tool in combinations to solve my problem and have learned a great deal but im coming up short in regards to my own situation so i thought i can use some external input.

I have to get the sums for each date "month/year" 5 categories deep

Water Rev R Capture.PNGrAlteryx Snip Volume Data MK.PNG

On the left is an example of what I need for instance the cell for Mar-19 on the very bottom left  is total revenue for              "Class/ Residential". "inside" , "75" , "Transaction Amount" ....5 categories deep

I also need to do that in regards to the consumption column to get consumption totals per month and the accounts column "customer id" so it can count each individual id  at that point in time "month/year"

Having a workflow to automate this would be awesome,

Any input welcome thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

This isn't exact, but hopefully it will help.

If you need more changes just let me know :) 

2019-05-14 18_31_32-Alteryx Designer x64 - New Workflow8_.png

Analyst214
5 - Atom

Thanks! the numbers may be a little off but certainly a step in the right direction i will try to work with this and see if I can get it closer.

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

No worries, I saw the numbers were off and maybe I combined the fields too much, but please let me know if you need more help

Labels