Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summarize value based on highest value

jaapkluck
6 - Meteoroid

Dear Alteryx Enthousiasts,

I am new to Alteryx and I have the following question:

I would like to summarize my input based on project code and thereafter, only select highest value (amount) per projectcode. when using the summarize tool I can't add product type to the output without grouping by this field/column.

See my Input and desired output below.

jaapkluck_0-1610973110402.png

I hope somebody with experience can help me.

Kind regards,

Jaap 

5 REPLIES 5
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You'd want to do two summarize tools, then join them.  The first one would be what you show for your Input.  Your second would be grouping simply by Proj Code, and taking the Max amount.  Then join back (on Project Code = Project Code, and Amount = Max Amount) to the first one.  That should do it.

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@jaapkluck,

Please see below:

messi007_0-1610977568536.png

Attached the workflow, hope that helps!

Regards,

jaapkluck
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks you so much sir. This was really helpfull. I have just adjusted my workflow and it works.

However, I have only one similar question:

After making the by you suggested adjustments to my flow I get the following output:

jaapkluck_1-1610978270429.png

You can see that for the project codes where the Amount (EUR) was equal both rows are displayed. This is logical as there is no Max amount for these projects.

What should I add to my workflow once I would like only display the upper row of multiple project codes (see output below)?

jaapkluck_2-1610978516179.png

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Kind regards,

Jaap

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@jaapkluck,

Please see below:

messi007_0-1610978886681.png

Attached the workflow,

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, it will help others!

Regards,

jaapkluck
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the help.

What I have also learned in the last 30 minutes is that in order to create a successfull MAX summarize I should make sure to have the correct format type of column Amount.

Labels