Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summarize tool

Janani2
5 - Atom

I want to group my dataset based on counterparty group. Each counterparty group has 5-6 counterparties in it. the counterparty group name is in CAPS for some lines and in lowercase for some lines because of which i'm getting 2 different grouping for the same  counterparty. Can you help me to make this "groupby" in summarize tool work case insensitive. 

4 REPLIES 4
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Janani2,

Use data cleansing tool and change the case of everything to upper case. After this action summarize should work. 

Emil_Kos_0-1615973160498.png

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

This can't be done in the summarize tool @Janani2 as it will always be case sensitive. 

What you can do however is stick a formula tool before the summarize tool and convert the counterparty group column to uppercase, lowercase or titlecase using the relevant embedded functions.

Hope that helps,

Angelos

Janani2
5 - Atom

Thank you so much, This helps

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Janani2 

Both @AngelosPachis  and @Emil_Kos should work well for you. 

I've gone ahead and marked them as solutions, so that others with the same challenges can easily find answers. You will need to convert the case before the summarize tool.

Cheers!

Esther

Labels