Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summarize tool generating scientific notation

tom_dup_567
7 - Meteor

Hellow Alteryx Community -  I use the Summarize tool to average exchange rates on a quarterly basis but have found that if there are rates with four or five "0" after the decimal point, such as 0.000033 the average appears as scientific notation - in this case it would be 3.3e-05.  I attached a workflow with examples.  I can work around it by doing a sum of the rate and dividing it by the count but I would rather not.  I have tried different field types and different average options within the Summarize tools but the silly thing is determined to resist.  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Federica_FF
11 - Bolide

HI,

that's usually happens when the field type is Double and sometimes the summarize tool turns the field in double. Just connect right after a select tool and choose fixed decimal again as data type.

tom_dup_567
7 - Meteor

That did it, Thanks!

Labels