Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summarize timeseries table

Zudi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am very new to Alteryx!! I came across a scenario where I need to summarize a table based on Date and time series. My input data is as below and is a very huge file of which I need the output data only for a specified date.

Input 1.JPG

My output  file should be in the format as given below. I need to summarize the data for a specific date and time in 15 minutes  for each area. Can anyone help to solve this?

Output1.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

How about a formula to Bin Time like:

DateTimeAdd(DateTimeTrim([Actual_DateTime],"hour"),
Floor(DateTimeMinutes([Actual_DateTime])/15)*15,"Minutes")

What this expression does:

- Round the time down to the hour with DateTimeTrim

- Get the Minutes value with DateTimeMinutes

- Bin the Minutes by 15 with a Floor of the number of Minutes divided by 15, and the result of the flooring multiplied by 15

- Add the Binned Minutes to the rounded down time with DateTimeAdd

Then you can use a Summarize tool to group by this time and your Area, attached is an example.

Zudi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the solution. Its working perfectly fine with a small data set. But when I connect to a large data set the below pop up appears. Any idea why this is happening? Greatly appreciate your help!!

Capture1.JPG

Zudi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Joe,

I used a different platform and its working perfect. Awesome solution by you. Thanks a lot!!

Labels