Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summarize Tool system error message

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I am using an admin version of 2018.2.5.48994 and running non-elevated. I am now receiving the following error on any summarize tool: Error: Summarize (1): The plugin "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\plugins\AlteryxSpatialPluginsEngine.dll" could not be loaded: The specified module could not be found. (126)

Capture.PNG

Has anyone else come across this/have any ideas on how to fix it/diagnose what's going on? The strange thing is an uninstall/reinstall seemed to clear the issue on Friday, but then it popped up again this morning!

I have submitted it to support, but I figured I would see if anybody else has come across this as well.

12 REPLIES 12
ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

We were able to replicate on one machine; it has something to do with how OCI is installed, but we couldn't figure out exactly what.

What worked on that machine was to add the bin directory to the PATH variable: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin

please add the non-admin bin directory to your PATH and test it again. That resolves the issue. 

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Patrick,

Thank you for sharing.  It worked.

Tim

Labels