Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summarize Tool - Minimum Date & Associated String Value

brian_moore
5 - Atom

I have two datasets blending. The underlying sets are sourced from (1) CRM opportunities with contact roles, and (2) CRM leads and converted lead information.

In essence, I join the data and then summarize by Opportunity, and include the Minimum "date" field of the contacts roles dates associated to the opportunity. To achieve this, my summarize configuration appears like the below:

summarize tool

What I'd also like to include in the summarize tab is an ID field from the joined data, for reference & QA sake. I want to log into the CRM and view the original records to verify the date provided in the summarization is accurate.

How can I include a this ID field in my summary tab (which is not pictured) to include it with the output data where I have the minimum "Lead Created Date" for each opportunity and the associated ID that provided the Minimum Date. I've done this in Excel with some really messy array formulas, but surely there is a way to do it simply in Alteryx.

Any guidance is much appreciated! Note, I can't upload the original files given information is sensitive but here's a screenshot of my workflow:

2015-11-20_17-42-24.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Brian,

If this is just a 'pass through' kind of field, then you can just select the ID field and either use the Group By or a Min/Max function (or First/Last if it is a string).

My assumption is that for your configured grouping, that the ID will be the same for all records within the group? If so, the Group By will work just fine.

Rod

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Have you tried joining back on opportunity ID plus date to get the field?
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Sorry, now that I've reread your process a little more carefully Smiley Embarassed, it sounds like you have a separate ID for each date?

If so, then @MarqueeCrew's suggestion makes the most sense.

Labels