Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summarize Tool / Formula Tool

phemala1
6 - Meteoroid

I Have a input data, if a sum of particular reference nets to zero then that line i wanted to exclude to proceed further steps. Can i use summarize or which tool would be ideal for removing sum of a reference with nets to zero.   

i have attached the workflow, if the sum of PO column is nets to zero then i want it be removed from the output.  can anyone advice me ASAP I have a project to be submitted tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @phemala1 ,

this workflow eliminates the colums which have sum = 0

cheers

phemala1
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your response, I will try this and comment. Thanks:)

phemala1
6 - Meteoroid

i want the entire row to be eliminated if two are many row put together nets to zero, will this work out with the above work flow you have provided (eliminate column).

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @phemala1 ,

I'm sorry I cant get what you mean. Could you please create a dummy input and output on a table here to illustrate your needs?

Cheers

phemala1
6 - Meteoroid

i have attached the excel, i have PO_ID in column I and value in column AA. There will be a positive line in a row for the PO_ID and negative line in another, if the sum of PO_ID nets to zero then both the rows (positive and negative) has to be removed from the output.

In the attached excel first two rows has this case, Kindly advice. 

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @phemala1 ,

I think I managed to do what you asked me to using your file.

cheers

Labels