Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sumifs

alia10
5 - Atom

Hi I am relatively new to Alteryx and am completely stuck on how to do sumifs in alteryx. 

I am trying to get the formula to be Sumifs=(C:C,A:A, "A",B:B, "Property")

Please see the attached dummy data. I am honestly so lost, any help would be appreciated! 

7 REPLIES 7
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @alia10 ,

I'm attaching here an example showing how to do a sumif.

fmvizcaino_0-1592514966325.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

markcurry
12 - Quasar

The equivalent in Alteryx would be to use the Summarize tool, if you want to get the overall total for where Name = A, and Type = Property, add the Summarize tool, and use Group By Name, Group By Type and Sum Total.  That will give you the totals of all names and types.  Then Filter where the Name = A and the Type = Property.  

This link might help too.. https://www.alteryx.com/alteryx-excel

Hope that helps.

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Hi @alia10 --

You will want to use the Summarize tool. You will Group by the Name and type and then Sum by Total.

Thanks,

Seth

alia10
5 - Atom

Thank you all for you help! That was just part 1 of what my manager wants. I have a follow up problem, our real data includes all 50 states, and I need to figure out how to sum the data for each individual state for each entity for property. 

Not sure if that makes sense. Please see the updated data. 

Would i be making a formula for each state per entity?

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Same concept. Use another summarize tool and group by state and sum by your balance.

thanks,

Seth

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Is this what you're looking for?

I would use a filter tool to identify all records that are for property. Then, use a transpose tool to get all values in one column. From there, you can use a summarize tool with a group by on State and sum on value to get the total per state.

Let me know if that works for you! Workflow attached.

echuong1_0-1592531789802.png

alia10
5 - Atom

Sort of, but i need to have it broken out by entity. So it should be broken out by A, B, C

Also I the workflow you shared, does not want to download for me

Labels