Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sumifs Statement

ibrahiminui
6 - Meteoroid

I need help with calculating Sumifs in Alteryx. 

I want to calculate the sumif values in Columns "Jan Var" and "Feb Var", based on Customer number, Segment, and if Tagging is "Lapse" (shown in the attached data set).

The data set is shown in the attached file in tab "data set". Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Customer NumberSegmentJan VarFeb Var
1Federal  
2State  
3Federal  
4Federal  
5State  
6Federal  
7State  
8Federal  
9State  
10Federal  
11State  

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ibrahiminui I mocked up a workflow let me know what you think?

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @ibrahiminui 

You need the summarize tool here;

Group by Customer Number, Segment, Sum(Jan Var) , Sum(Feb Var)

It might be easier to transpose the data first (grouped by Customer Number and Segment) Then you can summarize Group by Customer Number, Segment, Name and Sum(Value)

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is the sample workflow. Hope this is helpful. 

Capture.PNG

ibrahiminui
6 - Meteoroid

This worked. I have another challenge, which is an advanced version of this question.

Instead of having the tagging in one single column, every month has a different tagging. 

"Use Jan Tagging Column for Jan Var, and use Feb Tagging Column for Feb Var". But we still need to SUMIF by Lapse in each of these Tagging Columns E and F.

I am also including another column for PY ACV, in addition to Jav var and Feb Var. The only difference is that PY ACV will be all customers with PY ACV number, whether lapsed or not. Please see attached updated file.

Customer NumberPY ACVSegmentJan VarFeb Var
1 Federal  
2 State  
3 Federal  
4 Federal  
5 State  
6 Federal  
7 State  
8 Federal  
9 State  
10 Federal  
11 State