Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sumif and countif deployment to get values based on the column text

mkhaled
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

The Uniqe column (Column B) contains the full path starting from the root folder till the file, each file have a corresponding value in the total match. I want to do sum of the values of the files for  in each sub-directory, for example if we have  the following path

file 1.txt c:\a\1.txt (10)

file 2.txt c:\a\2.txt (10)

file 3.txt c:\b\3.txt (5)

then the subdirectory a total value should be 20, b total value should be 5 and c:\ value should be 25. I can do that in excel using sumif and put the formula as [=SUMIF($B$2:$B$27,B2&"*",$A$2:$A$27)] as in the screenshot attached so the formula will be to count every value included in that directory and all the other subdirectories. 

I want to do sum to the values in the total match column based on the value in the value in the Unique column as follows. 

How can I do similar formula in Alteryx, I have attached the sample excel file with the formula for your reference. Please feel free to put a comment if my question is not clear enough. 

q1.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@mkhaled 

I assume (often a big mistake) that you don't have an exhaustive quantity of records.  I would create a CARTESIAN product of all of the records first.  Use an APPEND FIELDS tool (careful to ALLOW ALL APPENDS) and bring the input data into both the T & S  anchors.  Next I would use a FILTER tool with this expression:

Contains([Source_Uniqe],[Uniqe])

Now you can SUMMARIZE with a GROUPBY Uniqe and Sum the [Source_Total Matches] field.  This should get you your desired results.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
mkhaled
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the solution, the only drawback, is that no of items are huge and with the CARTESIAN it became very big data set, and takes too long to get the output.

Thanks 

Labels