Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sum of rows across

whitesummer05
5 - Atom

Hello Everyone,

I'm very new to Alteryx.  So I just want a simple calculation to sum of rows across in column "Total Pmt - Expected Result" as attached below. 

Thank you so much

7 REPLIES 7
clant
8 - Asteroid

Hello @whitesummer05

Welcome to Alteryx! The easiest way to do this is to get the CreW Macro pack from http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html. This will add some new tools to your alteryx and one of these is Add Totals tool which does this really well. The macro pack has a lot of really good and very useful tools.

thanks

chris

Aidan_K
11 - Bolide

Hi @whitesummer05

Here it is using the standard tools :)

Aidan

Avinash_K
8 - Asteroid

Try this out , will do the calculation if any new columns are added which needs to be part of the sum . I have left the Sum_Value column next to the Total-PMT Expected result column for you to comapreCapture.PNG

whitesummer05
5 - Atom

OMG. It's my first time posting something on this forum.  I have never expected so much help from this community.  I sincerely appreciate everyone's help.  I'll definitely post more problem from now on.  I've been struggle with this for hours.  Didn't know I just need to replace null with zero to do the calculation. Thank you so much ;)

Aidan_K
11 - Bolide

Hi @whitesummer05,

your welcome, happy to help :)

Aidan

SanjayVyas
7 - Meteor

Thanks for sharing this Macro, really helpful.

jatinmaru
5 - Atom

How we do sum of row..

Labels