Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sum of Qty, per Item

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

I need to create a formula to Sum the Qty, per item and my attempts to date have not worked.  My end results (600) will be added to a new column with the total Qty per Item.  Any assistance very much appreciated !  I will continue to look for other tools in the toolbox in the meantime !

KSassone_0-1583415382667.png

4 REPLIES 4
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You would use a summarize tool to get the total quantity, and then you can use a join tool to bring this into the full population. 

Use the item as a group by, and the quantity as sum. See attached for an example.

echuong1_0-1583416037466.png

LukeG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@KSassone 

I would recommend using the summarize tool to fins the sum of Qty per Item. Then use the join tool to attach it as a new column using the Item as a unique identifier.

Here is a screenshot of my workflow and results:

LukeG_0-1583415989755.png

And here is a screenshot of how I have the summarize tool configured (only the Item and Qty need to be included in the actions section):

LukeG_1-1583416034362.png

Let me know if you have any questions! Workflow attached as well.

-Luke

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @LukeG - the use of the Summarize Tool, the Join Tool, and then the Unique Tool gave me my results !

Thank you !!!

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @echuong1 !  I had to add the Unique Tool for my final result - thank you for sending your response with the graphic and workflow process thru !  Very much appreciated !

Labels