Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sum of Qty, per Item

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

I need to create a formula to Sum the Qty, per item and my attempts to date have not worked.  My end results (600) will be added to a new column with the total Qty per Item.  Any assistance very much appreciated !  I will continue to look for other tools in the toolbox in the meantime !

KSassone_0-1583415382667.png

4 REPLIES 4
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You would use a summarize tool to get the total quantity, and then you can use a join tool to bring this into the full population. 

Use the item as a group by, and the quantity as sum. See attached for an example.

echuong1_0-1583416037466.png

LukeG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@KSassone 

I would recommend using the summarize tool to fins the sum of Qty per Item. Then use the join tool to attach it as a new column using the Item as a unique identifier.

Here is a screenshot of my workflow and results:

LukeG_0-1583415989755.png

And here is a screenshot of how I have the summarize tool configured (only the Item and Qty need to be included in the actions section):

LukeG_1-1583416034362.png

Let me know if you have any questions! Workflow attached as well.

-Luke

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @LukeG - the use of the Summarize Tool, the Join Tool, and then the Unique Tool gave me my results !

Thank you !!!

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @echuong1 !  I had to add the Unique Tool for my final result - thank you for sending your response with the graphic and workflow process thru !  Very much appreciated !

Labels