Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sum based on today's date

GHaines
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, I am developing a workflow that tests a batch of AFEs based on whether they have had expenses incurred in the last 3, 6, 12, or 18 months. The data is in this format: 

GHaines_0-1630703056448.png

I am trying to make this dynamic so no user input is required to determine the current month. 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

You can use DateTimeToday() to get today's date, you can use that to get the date you're after 🙂 

Kamran1991
11 - Bolide

Hi @GHaines 

You question is not clear what exactly do you want to calculate. However, for sum of today's date, you can use the attached workflow just after adding the summary tool on T anchor of filter tool.

Sum based on today's date.PNG

Thanks!!!!!

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @GHaines ,

if I got you right, you need a logic to  identify the months to aggregate.

The function DateTimeToday() returns the current date. I gues, for the YTD value you want to aggregate all months including the last one (so today it would be Jan to Aug). You can use a Generate Rows to to create a list of month to aggregate (DateTimeAdd can be used). 

You can add tihs list to your date, filter all months to aggregate and use a Summarize tool to do the aggregation.,

1.jpg  

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

GHaines
6 - Meteoroid

Roland, thanks for helping me out with my first workflow. I have added a sample input that should help visualize the problem I am having. I am looking to create 4 categories (Spend in the last 3, 6, 12, or 18 months) based on the current date. This function has been performed up until now using Vlookups and Sumifs in Excel, but I am hoping I can find a solution using Alteryx that will simplify this matter long-term.

Thanks for looking into this for me.

Labels