Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sum a Range of Rows from

KrishTech
5 - Atom

I need a help to sum a range of rows from one file and put it in a different file using Alteryx. Below given is an example.

Sum a Range of Rows.JPG

Two Files
1. Previous Month Data
2. Current Month Data

Each file have two columns
1.Month
2.Total

I need to create two new columns in addition to existing columns (1.Cumulative Forecast & 2.Cumulative Actual) in the Current Month Data file.

Cumulative Forecast field should fetch the data from "Previous Month Data" file and sum up of each month like it's given in the example.

Cumulative Actual field should fetch the data from "Current Month Data" itself and sum up of each month like it's given in the example.

Any help how this can be done in Alteryx would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I think we can achieve this in a relaitvely straight forward manor involving a join between the two tables on 'month' and then using the running total fields on each of the values within the files.

JoinandRun.PNG

See the attached example.

Ben

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @KrishTech

I would start by joining the 2 datasets together (using month as the key) and then you can use the running sum tool produce your cumulative values :)

Neil

Inactive User
Not applicable

You will arrive the results by using join, running total and select. If you are run to every month then convert this into Macro.

Workflow.JPGOutput Data.JPG

Labels