Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sum Function in ALteryx

BhatiaSakshi
8 - Asteroid

Hello Team,

I have ~100 columns in my file and I need to insert many new columns adding existing columns.

For Eg. I have Q1 2020 data  for one state + Q1 2020 data for second state in one column

similarly few new columns to be added for all the periods. Do I need to add so many formula functions in my workflow (It would be almost 25 formula functions)

6 REPLIES 6
ydmuley
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hello @BhatiaSakshi - You can try "Multi-Field' Formula to achieve this objective.

If the new columns that you want to add have a common pattern of arithmetic, you can leverage this tool to create new fields in a defined way.

I hope this helps. If not, please provide more specific details (with example if possible) so that I can moc-up something quickly and send it over.

Thanks,

Yug

Regards,
Yugandhar Muley (Yug)

Alteryx ACE | Alteryx For Good India Lead | Bengaluru Alteryx User Group Lead
BhatiaSakshi
8 - Asteroid

Hi, Thanks for the prompt response!! 

I am attaching the file with dummy data for easy understanding.

I need to add 36 columns if you see where I can add sales 1+sales 2, receipts 1 +receipts 2, income 1 +income 2 for all the periods (which is 12 qtr). so 12 column for each sales, receipts and income 12*3=36 columns to add.

Let me know in case of any disconnect

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @BhatiaSakshi - attached is my attempt to compute the totals across all Sales1 quarters, Sales2 quarters etc. Let us know if this suffices your request. Final total columns would look something like this:

Capture.PNG

Please mark this post as Solution Accepted if it answered your question..

BhatiaSakshi
8 - Asteroid

I cant access the attached file, it shows an error. I am working in ALteryx designer.

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Please try opening the attached version. You will have to modify the input tool and map it to the excel file on your machine.

BhatiaSakshi
8 - Asteroid

Thank You, It worked

Labels