Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Suggestions for Demographic Analysis

Kyra88
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I'm a fairly basic Alteryx user so apologies for the simple question.

My company has access to the Experian Mosaic Demographic data.

In my sample data I have linked the total local demographics by group to each store with the total Revenue. (I do have other variables linked to each store but this data is sensitive)

I'm now struggling with which tools I can use to start a deeper analysis. My main outcome is to find the best Demographic group mix to determine the best revenue. 

Which predictive / prescriptive tools would you suggest would help me reach my end goal / gain a more in-depth insight.

All suggestions are welcome.

Many Thanks,

Kyra

2 REPLIES 2
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Kyra88 ,

I think the first think you would like to look for is creating groups (or clusters) of stores with similar demographics. That you can do using the predictive grouping tool palette with the K-Centroids Diagnostics, Cluster Analysis tools.

You can watch the following videos that will act as a good intro to the topic.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Predictive...

There is also the Demographic Analysis tool palette that might be useful, but I have no experience of working with those tools.

Regards,

Angelos

Kyra88
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Angelos!

The Predictive Grouping tools were exactly what I needed!

Thank you so much for your suggestion!

Kyra

Labels