Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Subtracting one row from another

dogregory
7 - Meteor

I need to subtract row 9 from row 8 into a new row. I thought it would be easy using multi-row formula, but apparently it is not. 

I put in this formula [Row+8:EIN#1]-[Row+9:EIN#1]=[Row+10:EIN#1] for 10 EINs in 10 Columns to create a new row and I get "Parse error at char(58): Parse error

What's up?

6 REPLIES 6
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @dogregory 

If you are certain of using Row+8 and Row+8, then the correct formula would be [Row+8:EIN#1]-[Row+9:EIN#1], This would then be created on a new column. From there we would need to see the clean up necessary. 

Are you able to provide the dataset? This would allow us to better support you.

Pedro.

dogregory
7 - Meteor

@pedrodrfaria Thanks,

No, I can't supply an active data set. Here are some scrubbed images

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

@dogregory  Is it always going to be Row 8 and Row 9? Or can it be different in the future?

dogregory
7 - Meteor

@pedrodrfaria will always be rows 8 and 9

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

@dogregory is this what you are looking for?

I used a logic to filter by the name of the first column, but if it is always row 8 and 9, you can filter by those using the select records tool.

pedrodrfaria_0-1613684518919.png

Pedro.

dogregory
7 - Meteor

@pedrodrfaria Thanks for the attempt, but I think since it works by columns and not rows it won't fit my needs. 

Thanks,

Doug. 

Labels