Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Subtotal current and also new columns

s-e-smith
5 - Atom

Hello!

I am working on a workflow for our team's scheduling. Each week, a new column is added with another week's scheduled hours. I want to be able to have a subtotal after each person for each week. I have looked at the Summarize tool but I cannot see how to get the subtotal to appear for the new weeks as they are added.

Below is how the data is structured. I need to see how many hours Chad, Rachel, and Sarah have across their clients each week. And have the subtotal continue when the next week, in this example 17_Dec_2018, is added and ran through the workflow. Thank you for any help you can provide!!!

current data.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
WillBowman
9 - Comet

Here you go. This will update with each week. It doesn't do inline subtotals like excel or tableau, but it answers your question and will update as columns are added.

s-e-smith
5 - Atom

@WillBowman wrote:

Here you go. This will update with each week. It doesn't do inline subtotals like excel or tableau, but it answers your question and will update as columns are added.

Thank you for responding!! I appreciate you taking the time to help me. Unfortunately, my company is only using Alteryx version 2018.3 v64 so I cannot update to see your solution. Would you be able to post a screenshot of the workflow?

WillBowman
9 - Comet

workflowworkflowfirst tool (transpose)first tool (transpose)second tool (cross-tab)second tool (cross-tab)output.PNG

WillBowman
9 - Comet

You can switch out the cross tab with a summary if you want to keep a tall format. Hope this helps!

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

@s-e-smith I think this gets you to the end result, also adding in a total row.  I've modified the file format so hopefully you can open the workflow. Let me know if not.

s-e-smith
5 - Atom

This is perfect - exactly what I needed! Thank you both for the help!!!

Labels