Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Subdivide Trade Areas with Lines from Centroid

Swest4190
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I have created several trade areas along with several lines that extend out from the centroid i used to create the trade areas in hopes that i could create polygons out of the small subdivisions that the lines create within these trade areas. 

Capture.PNG

Unfortunately i have not been able to figure out how to do this. Would anyone be able to lend a helping hand? i have included the output data i have created thus far. 

Thanks!

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Since you already have the lines drawn, the key here is create the triangular polygon to intersect with the radius objects. The Poly-Split and Poly-Build tools take care of this in no time. After that, a Spatial Process creates the intersection object you're looking for.

Check out the attached solution and let me know if this works for you.

20181217-SpatialIntersection.png

Edit: I just noticed that my solution cuts off the outer radius just a touch. So be sure to create lines long enough in your application. 

Swest4190
6 - Meteoroid

Perfect! thank you sir!

Labels